Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sharing the Love!

Last weekend I had the opportunity to explore a photographic avenue I have even considered; wedding photography. My long time friend A.J. Johnson asked me to be the photographer for his beach casual Key West wedding, which I accepted. I was extremely nervous about what I might come home with. The thing about weddings, at least the ceremony, is you only have one chance to get the shot. You miss... the moment is lost. This made me sweat more than usual. I was also alone which meant one camera angle, one shot, no help.
After I saw the photos I knew I had succeeded at least in clarity. I helped with the memories which is what matters but there is a bit of professionalism to the photos as well so i'm sure they will be appreciated for more than scrap books. The lighting at the actual ceremony was very bad; harsh with sharp shadows. It all came through though.
To A.J. and Sam, congratulations. And to myself a small pat on the back. Enjoy, JP.





No comments: